Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Introducing Kermit

Meet Kermit. The bike that won me Karapoti.
True story.... I only picked up the bike the wednesday afternoon prior to Saturdays race. After an hour playing in the Redwoods I decided it was so much fun to ride, that since I wasn't 'serious' about Karapoti, it'd be great to ride Kermit down the Rock Garden. And after some last minute fiddling to get the fit right (ie changing parts on Friday night), turns out Kermit went pretty fast up and down.
So a 29er fully won Karapoti! So for those interested, it was built something like this....
Frame: Niner Jet with RP23 shock. Size M
Fork: Fox f29 RLC
Wheels: Bontager X-Lite
Tyres: Bontrager XDX Tubeless
Brakes: Formula Oro
Groupset: SRAM X.O (twist shifters). XT fr mech
Cranks: Truvati Noir
Post/Saddle: SDG I-Beam/I-Fly
Stem: KCNC
Bar: Niner super wide flat (710mm) with Serfas Bar ends, and ESI grips
Pedals: CrankBros Candy Ti
Did I mention I quite like Kermit?! Now I've spent some time on it, we should be able to get it real fast

1 comment:

comeonrichard said...

Hey is that green frog doing anything next Karapoti? It obviously knows the track and I was thinking of doing the 25th anniversary event???? Just double your time and that would be a wicked time for an old b....