Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

The 2nd place streak is over....

10m away from the biggest win of my life

Cabin wins KARAPOTI!!! Even better, Nic made it a great day for us with 2nd in Elite womens.


More of a report later, but for now I just want to thank everyone for all the support over the years. I guess this has been a long time coming, and what better race to win than Karapoti?!


It was a pretty improbable win. It was suppossed to be my weekend off (after two months of racing). I was on a borrowed bike I had only ridden for one hour. A 27lb+ Niner Jet fully. All logic would suggest it shouldn't of happened; but it did. And I'm stoked. Thank you everyone, and more a report to follow later.

4 comments:

Oli said...

Awesome result, Cabin! Thoroughly deserved for all the hard yards you've put in over the years, and also for the incredible work you have always put back into this great sport. Everyone I know who knows you is proud of you and stoked for you too. Put your feet up and dine out on this one, bro - you earned it! Cheers, Oli

m.j. said...

ahhh see we knew it would come!! congrats cabin, winning karapoti is legendary. keep it up!!

Turgeson said...

Congrats. Great pic.

Celia said...

Congrats you two :) Kinda wish I was there!