Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Margaret River 'Special Stage' 3...

Todays stage is suitably named the special stage as it offers up everything great about the Margaret River township... not just beer & wine but in particular the 20km of single track the local club MRORCA have crafted in 'The Pines' - it was sweet!

I was stoked to get off the pea gravel and hit some dirt berms... so happy that I pedaled to 2nd place on todays stage! Jodie Willet & I had a good ride with one another, she was determined not to give up any time but I managed to claim 2nd to remain in 3rd place overall.  Jenny Fay was off the front in a league of her own as she claimed her third stage win in a row.

Everyone was content to finish the stage at the Colonial Brewery - the lawn was full of  dusty bikes and tired bodies.

We are off to a function at the Brewery this evening and I think a wee sampling wouldn't go amiss. After all, on the toilet door I learned that Benjamin Franklin reckoned: "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". I think I laughed out loud!

Today my top speed was 62.3km/hr - no lies, my fancy Magellan Switch told me so!
It also said the max temperature was 27degrees and that I burned 1200 calories... I definately think I need a beer.

Will put up some photos and video link as soon as I have it. Final 67km stage to Cape Naturaliste tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

No comments: